Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The "B" Word


It's getting to be that time in our lives... you know the time I'm talking about: Baby time! [Don't freak out! It's not baby time for us yet.. :) ]



I don't think I could count (on my fingers/toes) how many people I know that are currently pregnant. I also don't believe I could count how many just had their first baby. I'm so happy for them and at the same time, I feel an immense pressure!

Eric and I have married for a little less than 6 months and we are getting so many questions:
-Are you trying?
-You should totally have a baby soon! You want that right?
-When are you having a baby?
-When will there be grand-kids?

It's strange to post about, but there is a feeling that I'm behind or that I should be having babies too. I think that society or something in our lives puts this invisible pressure on people to "keep up" or "compete" with our friends. What is that about?

This post isn't to freak out my family or friends. The hubby and myself aren't rushing into any decisions and no we aren't pregnant. We fully believe that it will happen at the exact time it is supposed to happen.

Anyone else ever been here? I'm sure many people have... what did you do? What did you say? What is there to say when 'it will happen when it will happen' isn't enough for people?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Tell them you have Eric and that is enough work for now!

I never really gave it any thought when their dad and I got married. Then after a week of not feeling good I went to the doctor and found out I didn't have the flu! We did what we had to do and everything worked out fine. Eric on the other hand was very much planned. Just couln't get the Dr. to believe it.