Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Hubby Post: The Superman Complex



Every girl always has that image in the back of their mind... you know the one about the knight in shining armor, saving the damsel in distress? I imagine that each of them want to find that knight. According to my wife, she did!

Now it isn't easy to play the knight. So much is at stake when you are living up to the fantasy. And no matter how hard one tries, they just don't quite make the mark.


Is it all bad though? Not so much. It is highly rewarding to try to meet it. I say this because I get to save the day when the spider crawls down the wall or something needs to be fixed. It, in fact, can lead one to feel like a superhero. To be the one on call... to help the fair maiden when she needs you most is a nice feeling to have. Perhaps not all husbands feel the same way, but I know that I find satisfaction in being my wife's superhero. I enjoy being the one to save the day when her world falls apart [or so she feels].


Thus the superhero complex... we, as "heroic" husbands cannot forgo our maidens when they need us the most but we also have to keep ourselves in check and not let it go to our heads, After-all, we are only human.

For now, I find myself happy to be the one she calls on in her time of need. I look forward to the days where I get called on even more. Through all the spiders and other creepy crawlies... I WILL be the superhero!

Signing off for now. Have to go save her day!
-- The EZ in the EZBZ


[** Wife edit: Please comment if you like his posts! Superman is a little hesitant to write, but I think he writes beautifully. :) ]


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are her superhero EZ. Keep being there for your wife and love giving attention to her. Love gramms

Mom said...

I am proud of the man that you have become. There is no greater joy for a mother than to see her her son take care of a lady like he should. Keep saving the day for Bethany and you will be blessed for it. I love you both and hope you get to keep being her superhero for many years.

PS. How is it being anonymnous when you put love gramms in it?!

The BZ in the EZBZ said...

I am so blessed to have been given a great family that cares so much as well. I don't see you guys nearly enough. :)

Anonymous said...

He does write beautifully !