Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our Newest Adventure: Owning Cats

I got this crazy idea in my head that I would like to own a cat. When I was growing up, my Dad would never allow cats in the house. He believed that they would destroy it, pee on all the things and hurt the dog. Needless to say that his opinion only fueled my desire for cats over the years.

After years of browsing Petfinder.com and looking at all the cute faces... I had found the perfect cat for me! Her name at the time was Wren, a baby tortioseshell, and she had the biggest eyes in the world. I immediately emailed the rescue and inquired about Wren. Our contact said that she was so sweet and "...her foster mom did not really want to give her away". Apparently Wren was such a sweetie they had dubbed her to be a "Velcro cat" [meaning she was at your side any time you moved]. The hubby and I discussed it and decided that it was a great idea! So we set up
our appointment to meet her the following week. Little did we know. . . someone or something had something different planned for us.

When we arrived at the Rescue, we were greeted by about 15 cats! Jan [our contact] had so many cats looking for their forever home and we were happy to be able to help out.


We had an immediate connection with Wren... her huge eyes, beautiful fur and sweet squeaky-meow were too cute! =^_^=

BUT THEN we made a critical [at the time] mistake... we went and looked at the other cats she had listed. Now Mr. EZ, my fellow pet lover in crime, had always wanted a tiger cat. We stumbled across another young cat by the name of Dart. He had big, curious ears and more energy than a power plant. And thus my hubby fell in love with little Dart. For someone who had never owned cats, I went from 0-2 in a matter of seconds!

Adopting those kitties was our biggest couple decision yet! If you have ever had cats, you know that it is much like babysitting children. One moment they are asleep; the next moment they are on top of your fridge knocking off the paper towel [or eating roses that your husband bought!] They bring terror, adventure, joy, laughter and love to our small family. I would recommend adoption to anyone considering adding a member to their family. I know Wren [now Onyxia] and Dart [now Lynxe] would agree!


Now here's a daily smile brought to you by our "kids":


No comments: