Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Welcome to our World!

Ah... back into the world of blogging I go! You see, this journey started back in 2008... I was a sophomore in college and hadn't quite found myself. In the classic "search for meaning" I think I started 3 different blogs. None of them were based off of good ideas and they only lasted about two posts, but I had to start somewhere.

My blogging journey just happened to collide with the rest of my life! For those who do not know me, I met my [future] husband in the summer of 2008. My attempts at becoming a blogger had failed, my search for self was at a stand-still and love was a tricky thing....

SO -- Why am I telling you all of this? I figure I should start off our blog with the story of us. :)
Let's time travel back to the summer of 2008 {when my life changed}.



In February my hall-mate suggested that I work at camp with her. This opportunity was excellent because it would accomplish two goals at once: I could become a trained lifeguard and I could have some time away to think about my life. It was a complicated decision due to various individuals I had in my life. May came and I departed for CLBC. It was so exciting to make great friends and influence children. I was also able to take a week off to work at a second camp, ILNC, where I had been a camper as long as I remember. But enough of the back story of camp...

Monday morning came quickly! I arrived shortly before training was beginning and took a seat. It didn't take me long to realize I was seated behind an EXTREMELY handsome looking guy. You remember when I said I have been going to this campground for as long as I could? Well, all the other counselors we repeats or fellow campers who had come back like me; however I had never seen him before. Perhaps we had crossed paths before and I hadn't noticed because it wasn't the right time? Maybe he heard about this campground from his university? Who knew! The only thing that I wanted from the moment I saw him was to get to know him.

Throughout the week, he and I had friendly conversations, played games and bantered like old friends. Then the day came.... it was MUD PIT DAY! To be fair, it started off as water kickball and ended up as a mud pit. Children were sliding everywhere, counselors were throwing water balloons and there was so much commotion. My introverted self decided to be the one to hose off campers as they went back to their cabins; but HE had a different thing in mind... I believe the conversation went a little like this...


[FH = Future husband, ME = well, me]

FH: "What are you doing"?
ME: "I am in charge of hosing off the kids".. *as I playfully squirt him with water*
FH: "Well that is all good, but don't you want to play in the mud? It is so much fun"
ME: "It looks like it... buuuuuuut I'm okay standing here".
FH: * mischievous grin*
ME: "Really.. I'm okay"
FH: ....
ME: [I see the look in his eyes and start to move away but it is too late]
FH: "Come on we're going in the mud"!

And he proceeds to pick me up, carry me to the mud and drop me in it! To make an extremely fun, exciting and long story short - THAT was the moment I knew we were going to be more than friends.

We kept in contact the rest of the summer [Thanks, Facebook!] and eventually things in my life opened up. I was single, I had loved him since the summer and it just felt right. After months of him telling me that we could make a long distance relationship work... I said yes! [October 28th, 2008].

And that is how I met my husband, my friends and readers. Following our wonderful 3 years of dating, we were married on October 29th, 2011.


*Whew!* This all seems like yesterday to me. I hope you enjoyed our introductory post! If you have any questions, memories of how you met your spouse or anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to leave a comment!

Until next time,
Mrs. EZBZ

1 comment:

Skittles_Kenie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww :) This was sooo sweet!!
I'm loving this!!! <3